How to Set Your Marketing Goals
How to Set Your Marketing Goals?
Do you want to get a good return on investment of your money spent on marketing? Do you know what is the first thing you have to do?
It is Goal Setting
This is an essential and good practice by any business owner. With these few simple tips, you can set your marketing goals quickly and easily.! In this blog, we’ll walk you through how to set up your marketing goals aligned to your business goals and how to achieve all your marketing objectives with good ROI(Return of investment)marketing objectives. We have also given you a pdf file with stepwise exercises to build your business plan.
Remember: Every business is different and you cant just follow the marketing strategies done by a successful business. Marketing Goals have to be derived from your business goals. Otherwise, you will not reach to your potential audience and you will waste your time and effort
Step #1: Define Your Business Goals
The first step is to clearly identify your business goals. Grap a paper or open a notepad and derive these points from your business goal.
- What is your mission statement?
- What are the objectives you want to achieve in your business? (Write at least 3).
- Define your unique value proposition for each of your objectives
- Come up with a quick 2 line summary about your objective and unique value you provide.
Step #2: Define Your Customer Strategy
Now define your customers here. They are your end audience so, all your marketing plans should be inclined towards the. These simple steps will you to identify potential customers and come up with an ideal plan unique for your customers.
- List down the demographics of your potential audience. Create at least Like Gender, age group, interest.
- Write the audience’s goals. What your audience actually needs
- What is the technology your customers use? Like Facebook, Google search, Instagram , twitter etc
Step #3: Creating Shared value
Now You have to create a marketing goal for each of the objectives you created before. From your business goals and customer strategy match the target audience for each goal. This is where you find the shared value of your business and customer.
- Take one objective at the time
- Match the correct audience from customer study list
- List down the customer channels you mentioned in customer study list
- In each channel create the following list.
There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation,
hard work, and learning from failure.
– Paul Tournier
As your budget progresses and evolves, continue referring to your Marketing Goals. Remember to make the necessary modifications to your goals as time changes. Stay focused and remember your goals – they will always inform what your next step will be!