SEO vs SEM? What is the Ideal Digital Marketing Strategy for your Business?
You must have heard about the terms SEO and SEM by now if you are a business owner. We know how confusing it can get when it comes to understanding those two terms. So we’ve made it easy for you to understand about SEO vs SEM.
What is SEO?
SEO or Search Engine Optimization refers to the process of increasing and improving the traffic of your website organically. In a nutshell, SEO is important because it gives your website better visibility and traffic and gives you the chance to reach more customers.
What are the benefits of Search Media Optimization?
To be better in your marketing landscape, you need to do more than just advertisements and that is when SEO comes in. To recognize the use of SEO better, we have listed a few benefits and their significance.
- Most of the online experience begins with search engine and their results
- Numerous amounts of searchers (Approximately 70% – 80%) always go for the organic results and skip the paid ones
- One-third number of people never go past the first page results of a search
- Half of new customers and audience are generated because of SEO
What are the Cons of Search Engine Optimization?
Building your SEO is a very time taking process that requires lots of effort and patience. You need to work on it for at least four to six months to start seeing results. It is not possible to get to #1 in the first month itself. You can read more about it Here.
What is SEM?
SEM or Search Engine Marketing refers to the process of increasing and improving your website’s traffic through paid search advertising. One of the common known paid ads is Google Ads.
What are the Benefits of SEM?
- It helps you generate leads as quickly as possible. You don’t need to wait for so long to finally be recognized by search engines
- With more leads and link clicks, businesses get more revenues. And that helps in the growth of the business
- SEM makes sure your website reaches the right people and at the right time
- It is easy to start without any complicated or vigorous process of work, unlike SEO.
What are the Cons of SEM?
The important disadvantage of SEM is that it is too expensive. You have to try out different ways of placements to finally get the idea of what works. And by the time that happens, the budget might not be enough for small businesses.
SEO vs SEM (Differences between them):
It isn’t exactly SEO vs SEM to be honest because they are indeed very similar to each other. SEO deals with organic results and SEM deals with paid search results. Google has certain requirements for both of them to work on your website. If your website qualifies those requirements instantly, your ad will be on the top page of the search results in SEO. Meanwhile, your website has to gain a lot more trust than just requirements when it comes to SEO.
So, SEO vs SEM can be confusing at the start but small businesses can start by testing out both of them. SEO is important for long-term results while SEM can be good for short-term results.
You can spend some of your time and make up your mind about it. If you’d like to get SEO service in Singapore at a small budget according to your business, Contact Us now.